• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello all (1 Viewer)

tafflad

Hi Just to say hello from lovely wet Wales (oops) should be west Wales , Tycroes actually . Late starter to bird watching , now a ripe old 55!! , still never to old to learn !!. Love all wildlife , tho the winged variety , do take preference . The name is Hugh , and I look forward to meeting many of you , if not in person , then through this , marvellous medium , regards Hugh

welcome Hugh!

I hope you'll have as much 'educational fun' as i have here.
Never mind about the late start, you'll catch up in no-time :t:

Welcome to the Forum Hugh!

I completely understand the 'wet Wales' bit - I'm in Pontarddulais, with Fforest between us. Certainly has been no let-up in the weather recently, but we can't really let that get us down.

I can guarantee you'll meet lots of friendly, interesting people here, and whether you're a professional or a starter in birding, you'll bound to pick up lots of interesting tips and information here.

Welcome again!

:t:

Thanks

Hi , Ralph and Erik , just a quick thank you for the welcome , I`m sure that I will get a lot of fun and satisfaction via this group , and as for the rain , well I quite like it actually , ha ha . Ok , by for now , and once again thanks for the welcome , Hugh

Welcome tafflad

As you see from the others a very warm welcome is yours for the taking. Don't worry about starting late. I was 51 when I started and 6 years on I can't believe where I have travelled and what I have seen since that fateful day I started birding. You have years ahead to enjoy a brilliant and rewarding hobby.

All the help and advice you may need is all here on this forum. All you need do is ask and it shall be given. Enjoy!!

Hello Tafflad, welcome to Birdforum :t:

At least with all the dreary weather, there is Birdforum to occupy your time. I live in northeast england, but our weather has been remarkably similar. I did manage a walk out this afternoon when things brightened up for a while, but that was only the second day this week that we had a bit of decent weather.

I'm sure that you'll find everyone pretty friendly on the site, so don't be afraid to ask if you have any queries.

See you around :bounce:

Hello from wet Llanelli! though I used to live in Ammanford, am a regular visitor to Penclacwydd - looking forward to the New Years day "tick and twitch" there too.

I also travel often to N Gower, Pembrokeshire, Kenfig - as well as local sites. Have you been to he new nature reserve at Mynydd mawr , Tumble? it' a very "young" reserve, but I think it will be alive come the spring, very nice walks there, but like most places, the are so many dog-walkers, so have to get up early!

Enjoy the forums

Tafflad

As you see, people are very welcoming on this forum - that's what I like about it. It is extremely friendly, although that doesn't stop us having the odd disagreement!

I am writing this from an equally wet Devon, so we have something in common! Hopefully you'll be able to get along to one of the official trips before too long. The next one is not too far away: Feb 9 at Slimbridge.

Hi Hugh... Welcome and this is from Canada... I am anxious to hear all about the welsh feathers you encounter...looking forward to hearing all the adventures from We(s)t Wales...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back