• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problem with a 990 (1 Viewer)

Reader

I have had a similar problem as most people where they take a picture and either get syastem error or just the last photo just holding on and the camera not reverting back to allow you to take another picture. Normally you take the batteries out for a while and it resets itself. From time to time it might take almost 24 hours.

This time it locked up at 11:00am on Tuesday and has only just released itself (nearly 2 days later). It hadn't released by midnight last night but had by 08:00 this morning so it had to be at least 387 hours before resetting itself.

One question. Could really cold conditions affect the camera as it was really cold on Tuesday. If not could anyone tell me if I am possibly building up to a real problem. I called into a few sites after the camera locked, both on Tuesday and Wednesday, and missed some super shots, especially of Pintail and Yellow legged Gulls as well as Sanderlings and other various birds, all in lovely clear sunny conditions.

I am going to Spain later in April and would hate for this camera to go down on me for a couple of days. can you imagine what birds I would miss getting on camera. The thought doesn't bare thinking about.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back