• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery problems RX10 (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
I bought my RX10 in January 2020, including two original Sony batteries (of 1020 mAh capacity each). As the camera is known to consume power rather excessively, I bought additional batteries. But this time I went the much cheaper generics way trying three different brands.

• Meanwhile, after a bit over 3 1/2 years, I notice that the original Sony batteries are no longer reliably holding their power when not in use. Thus, they are often almost empty when I start using them a few months later.
  • The generics have started to develop another problem, at least two of them: Both the one from Duracell and the Patona model (each with 1030mAh capacity) can no longer be easily removed from the battery slot of the RX10. They have both developed a very slight bulge, just enough that the camera's spring at the bottom of the battery compartment can no longer push them up unaidedly. I had to add a bit of glue to the top, where I can grab the battery to assist in its removal.

I wonder what others' experiences are.

Same type of thing has happened for my wife with generic batteries bulging. In this case they were used in a Panasonic camera. Might be safer to purchase a new set, as you never know when the bulge increases to the point of leaking.
Niels

Same type of thing has happened for my wife with generic batteries bulging. In this case they were used in a Panasonic camera. Might be safer to purchase a new set, as you never know when the bulge increases to the point of leaking.
Niels
I have had excellent experiences with generics over many decades, including for Panasonic models.

This was I believe in the GX85 model. Others had reported similar problems with generics in that model.
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back