• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

any body in London (1 Viewer)

pne

a week on thursday iam in london for a day and will have a couple of hours to kill before i travel back home . can any body tell me any good birding spots close to the centre.

The WWT wetland centre at Barnes (nearest tube station is Hammersmith I think)would certainly be worth a visit if you have enough time to go to West London. Probably quite a large reserve but I think I've heard that it has plenty of hides.

You'd have to allow about half an hour to get to Barnes from, say, Victoria.
I doubt if it's worth it for two hours.
If you have longer, it's probably the most effective use of time/money.
Another possibility, though it's further out, might be the Lee Valley country park, where you might get bittern or smew.
Richmond Park can be quite good, or Wimbledon Common, but travel is so slow in London!

If time is very tight, have a look round the Natural History Museum!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back