• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

a little bit puzzled (1 Viewer)

max

please can some one setle my mind after taken some pic digiscoping style the other day . got a good responce but have noticed that my es 80 does not have on it ED printed on the side warehouse express price
was for ED . wot does GA stand for many thanks max

Gallium arsenide? or am I thinking back to my electronics career :eek!: best ignore that.

I presume GA is Opticron's designation for it's glass that has ED propeties.

Hi Max

yes you have the ED scope. I guess it says ES80 GA Waterproof?

Recently Opticron have launched a new non ED version of the ES80 called the SD so they have changed the labelling of scopes to
ES 80 GA ED
ES 80 GA SD

your is the ES80 GA ED and it predates the relabelling. Hope that helps.

If ever there was an idiosyncratic company that knew how to cause confusion for its customers it has to be Opticron. Sorting out what is what with their products is far from easy.

They now have three diferent zooms, too, by the look of it! Ah well - at least the HR66ED and the ES80 are easy enough to remember as well worth considering at any rate.

thanks to all with this very puzzling quest pete ive got on the side of the scope ES80GA waterproof
ive check there add in birdwatching it reads
tri element 80mm hdf objective with ed lens etc.
this puzzling question only came about when i read the reviews in the bird forum list.

Max.

I put both the reviews of both the old ES80 and the new ES80 SD in the review library. Tell me my mistakes and I'll correct them!.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back