• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoper of the Year contest ! (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

I thought this might interest you:

http://www.digiscoperoftheyear.com/en/entry-conditions

It is organized by Swarowski but users of any equipment can participate.

Personnally, what I found interesting is that their definition of digiscoping excludes prime focus photography (as I do with my Televue85) as well as photography using eyepiece projection (i.e. without camera lens, using only a telescope eyepiece). In other words, their definition of digiscoping seems to require the use of a telescope eyepiece and of a camera lens.

This corresponds to the original apparition of digiscoping (i.e. using a point and shoot camera with a spotting scope and getting the equivalent of focal lengths up to 5000mm).

What do you think about this ?

Yvan

I wonder if anyone with a Swarovski spotting scope and a Swarovski TLS dslr adapter can enter. No eyepiece or lens used in that set up so it's essentially prime focus. Personally I wouldn't enter anyway. I digiscope for myself and like to share my findings on my equipment set ups but that's about it.

Silly thing is most people who enter and win that competition are photographing stuff at very close range which isn't really what digiscoping is about.

Paul.

wot a bumber my ed80 astro scope has the camera adater so i can put a persific eye piece in . so this would be eyepeice procection but ive found that a good old fashioned 2xtc works better .

so i will beexcluded from that compo.

i wonder if that's the same for IWP awards. which has a digiscoping section.

I wonder if anyone with a Swarovski spotting scope and a Swarovski TLS dslr adapter can enter. No eyepiece or lens used in that set up so it's essentially prime focus. ]

Good question Paul !

[Personally I wouldn't enter anyway. I digiscope for myself and like to share my findings on my equipment set ups but that's about it.]

Same for me !

Yvan

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back