• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

possible return to digiscoping... (3 Viewers)

postcardcv

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Many years back I did some digiscoping and went through a few of the classic cameras. After a few years I ended up adding a DSLR, then a long lens and since then it has basically been standard photography all the way for me. However these days I find that the pursuit of a good photo can get in the way of enjoying birding so I am thinking that I need to be brave and start leaving the camera at home some days and just take a scope and enjoy watching. That thought does make me a bit jittery, what if I find a rarity and want a record shot. So I'm wondering about adding a digiscoping camera into the mix again. I am using a Swarovski STS80 scope with either the 20-60x or the 30x eyepiece looking for suggestions on cameras I should look at.

Many years back I did some digiscoping and went through a few of the classic cameras. After a few years I ended up adding a DSLR, then a long lens and since then it has basically been standard photography all the way for me. However these days I find that the pursuit of a good photo can get in the way of enjoying birding so I am thinking that I need to be brave and start leaving the camera at home some days and just take a scope and enjoy watching. That thought does make me a bit jittery, what if I find a rarity and want a record shot. So I'm wondering about adding a digiscoping camera into the mix again. I am using a Swarovski STS80 scope with either the 20-60x or the 30x eyepiece looking for suggestions on cameras I should look at.

How about using smartphone for digiscoping via phone adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back