• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Norfolk Pink-feet (1 Viewer)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Next week Tuesday to Friday (10th to 13th) I will be scouring North Norfolk for Pink-feet flocks to search out marked birds - a pastime that seems to interest very few of the locals judging by the feedback that WWT send me each summer.

Any tips for regular geese feeding areas would be very useful - best as a PM. Normally I check out the areas between Hunstanton, Docking and Holkham during the day before heading for Holkham Freshmarsh late afternoon.

Steve

Hi everyone

Next week Tuesday to Friday (10th to 13th) I will be scouring North Norfolk for Pink-feet flocks to search out marked birds - a pastime that seems to interest very few of the locals judging by the feedback that WWT send me each summer.

Any tips for regular geese feeding areas would be very useful - best as a PM. Normally I check out the areas between Hunstanton, Docking and Holkham during the day before heading for Holkham Freshmarsh late afternoon.

Steve

Hi Steve

I had TXX on October 17th near Docking.
There are large numbers in the Docking/Chosely/Sussex farm area at the moment, many of which are roosting on Scolt Head.

I haven't had much time to look at geese yet but I will be looking for neck collars over the winter.

Good luck next week

Paul

Steve,

Lots of Pinkies in the field opposite Flitcham Abbey Farm hide on Sunday 8 Nov, they have been going there quite regularly.

Pete :~}

Steve,

Lots of Pinkies in the field opposite Flitcham Abbey Farm hide on Sunday 8 Nov, they have been going there quite regularly.

Pete :~}

Sorry missed that one Pete - I did not have computer access while I was there.

I found nine collared birds in flocks around Docking and Stanhoe but generally it was hard going as farmers were moving flocks on regularly.

Steve

Sorry missed that one Pete - I did not have computer access while I was there.

I found nine collared birds in flocks around Docking and Stanhoe but generally it was hard going as farmers were moving flocks on regularly.

Steve

Nice to see some info on Norfolk birds here. I'm looking for them in Lothian and I expect some of ours may percolate down to you. Recently we've had FPD, IJY and PXB (and AIT/Y), with PJH, TAX, TDC, TFI and TVT last year. The P's and T's were mainly ringed in Angus (Loch of Linrathen) 05 and 07 respectively. From web search I find lists of collars from Lancs: AHC, FNU, IAP, IDV, IJJ, IZ, LZN, LCI, TP, UC, CNF, LDD, LDP (2001) and JJ, CNF, FCV, FNU, IDV, ITU, IUX, IYC, LCI, LDN, UC (2002), plus the odd ones from Norfolk: LAV and LBI & TUB (2009). Given update from WWT is only annual may also be worth sharing any others online during the season (I post mine to my blog, so they are findable via google).

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back