• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An up to date Birtish List please (1 Viewer)

RonClark28

Hi guys n gals

The list I am current using is an old one which I photocopied from Birdwatch magazine that they published in 1995. As you can guess it's nine years out of date, so where can I get a more up-to-date version please.

Ron

Here's the latest BOU list, as posted on their website
I have this as an excel file somewhere too, I'll try to dig it out later ;)

Michael Frankis said:
But has anyone got an up-to-date copy of the Birtish list?

As compiled by the last-but-one director general of the BBC . . .

:-O

But I thought that was what was posted Michael?

I noticed that ther bewick sawn is now replaced (or been re-named) as the tundra swan ... or have I got the wrong list? I haven't studied it properly yet but will do so alter today.

I'm stil greatful for the link guys.

Ron

RonClark28 said:
I noticed that ther bewick sawn is now replaced (or been re-named) as the tundra swan ... or have I got the wrong list? I haven't studied it properly yet but will do so alter today.
I quote from another page on the BOU site:

"Tundra Swan Cygnus columbianus. Bewick’s Swan Cygnus c. bewickii and Whistling Swan C. c. columbianus should continue to be treated as conspecific."

The latter is a rare North American vagrant.

you obviously haven't got used to Michael's sense of 'humour' yet. It was a reference to the hideous man John Birt who 'modernised' the BBC. It hinges on the typo of Birtish/British. No doubt you are laughing now Ron......?

a truly awful character - Birtish should be an adjective in the dictionary to describe something vulgar, common and dumbed down. God knows what he'd do the the British List. He'd have everything on it on the grounds that it was giving people more choice.......(not an obvious reduction in quality!)

must try harder Michael......

Tim Allwood said:
you obviously haven't got used to Michael's sense of 'humour' yet. It was a reference to the hideous man John Birt who 'modernised' the BBC. It hinges on the typo of Birtish/British. No doubt you are laughing now Ron......?

a truly awful character - Birtish should be an adjective in the dictionary to describe something vulgar, common and dumbed down. God knows what he'd do the the British List. He'd have everything on it on the grounds that it was giving people more choice.......(not an obvious reduction in quality!)

must try harder Michael......
how dare you say such a thing about a fellow scouser..now then now then!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back