• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Simple, old-fashioned printed paper "checklist" for American Birding Association count area? (1 Viewer)

GrandNagus50

I am a birder but now mostly a bird photographer. I used to "chase" and, being an old guy by now, I have a decent "life list." But with all of the lumps and splits, I really don't know what my list is. Every once in a while I like to update. I know I can download and print out various life lists, in my case, this would be for the American Birding Association count area, which I understand now includes Hawaii (!), but I would like to have one or two nicely already-printed lists, as I don't relish the aesthetics (or lack of same) of a printed PDF.

Do these exist anymore? I go to the ABA, Cornell, and other websites and all I see are "downloadable PDFs."

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, California

I am a birder but now mostly a bird photographer. I used to "chase" and, being an old guy by now, I have a decent "life list." But with all of the lumps and splits, I really don't know what my list is. Every once in a while I like to update. I know I can download and print out various life lists, in my case, this would be for the American Birding Association count area, which I understand now includes Hawaii (!), but I would like to have one or two nicely already-printed lists, as I don't relish the aesthetics (or lack of same) of a printed PDF.

Do these exist anymore? I go to the ABA, Cornell, and other websites and all I see are "downloadable PDFs."

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, California
One way to do this is to Google "ebird aba". That takes you to the ebird page for this "region". Then if you follow "hotspot navigation" there's the printable checklist option. You can print straight from the browser or "print" to file (e.g. pdf)

There’s a piece of recording software called, I think, scythebill
The chap who wrote, owns and updates it is great.
It has all sorts of splits and lumps and you can amend the authority your list is compiled under.

might not be the solution for you but good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back