• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic TM700+ Nikon 1.5X+ Nikon 1.7X (1 Viewer)

Muratfaik

Hi Everyone,

Today I basically tested again, my modified Nikon TC-15ED+TCE-17ED on my Panasonic TM700 camcorder. I made cut of the 1.5X converter's unnecessary metal part (which was causing vignetting before cutting) and added 46 mm screw in ring, that allows the converter directly to the camcorder's screw in bayonet. I use a Bower 58-60 mm step up ring to combine two converters.

The original footage was recorded in 60 frame per second mode. This combination gives me c. 22X optical and c. 32X optical+digital scope magnification and for me this is one of my ideal imaging combination for vehicle window. As far as I tried, it is also possible to use it handheld for necessary situations.

Please note that, I uploaded original file (huge) for testers and vimeo loses quite significant quality during .mts conversion. If I'd upload already converted mpeg file, there wouldn't be so much quality loss. Anyway, according to me, at 22X and occasionally 32X magnification, this combination produces very very good to excellent video footage.

Here is the link:

http://www.vimeo.com/14547496

Best Regards.

Murat F. Ozcelik

Attachments

• 300820101175-2.jpg
    300820101175-2.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 103
  • 300820101176-2.jpg
    300820101176-2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 141
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back