• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji FinePix S602 (1 Viewer)

hi jeff
s602 nice camera very SLR like styling feels good in the hand, gives full control over exposure and will take a microdrive for large amounts of picture storage , which is usefull considering this camera can record images at upto 6 million pixels !
menus are nice and easy to navigate and it has a 6X zoom
have a look at dpreview.com for a full review, best thing to do is have a play with one !
current retail is about £599 but they are in short supply at the mo
hope this helps

tonyh,

Thanks for the info, have seen them @ £550.

It was either this or the Coolpix 4500 which came second in the pc mag review.

But for the couple of extra quid.... will have a play though as you suggest.

glad to be of help :)
are you thinking og trying a bit of digiscoping ??
if so the cp4500 would be better suited for the purpose due to the filter thread and internal zoom lens

Not too sure my scope would be up to it, I just wanted an all round digital camera that took half decent pictures.

Jeff.

I bought a fuji finepix S602 for xmas, i'm a novice when it comes to photography so i needed a camera that was easy to use and took good photos. I think the fuji is the best thing since sliced bread.

Bought it at Jesops for £535 ( they matched an advertised price ) got a 512mb micro drive for £78 from www.digitaldepot.co.uk. you can also get a wide conversion lens & a tele conversion that screw on the front of the camera using an adapter ring which comes with the lenses.

The tele conversion lens is only 1.5x so it's not that good if you aim to do any distance work, i'm saving up to buy a digi-scope, a friend of mine has on and it's great.

all the best in your search.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back