• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is It Just Me ??? (1 Viewer)

Bill2468

Is it just me are does this phenom happen on the other side of the ocean???
When I buy a new camera, binocular, lens etc. The weather on the weekend stinks. I just bought a new Canon digital video camera (I did get to try it out once) and a memory chip to see just how good or bad the still shots will be. and today (Saturday) and Sunday is expected to be overcast and possible rain! I have heard of some instances where the weather was bad every weekend to the point that the time for return of product expired and in some rare cases the items warrenty has also elapsed!!!!

BiLL o:)

No,Bill,it is happening all over the world.I have purchased a second digiscoping camera,and have only had a couple of tries with it,the weather is atrocious.Today it is more like October than July,but it will improve,I promise.The thing to do,is to catch up with all photo stuff on the pc etc,then when the sun shines you will have plenty of space for new pics!!.

Hi Bill. Blimey, you've mentioned the weather! The rest of this thread will be overrun by Brits discussing their favourite topic of conversation! You're right though. Down here in the south west of England the two standard weather patterns are (1) never-ending murk, usually with rain/drizzle, or (2) gloriously sunny weekdays with wet weekends.

Bill,

You have my sympathies. Usually when I want to try some new gadget like you wanted to the weather usually pees it down all the following week so that you can't do anything. In England we have a name for it, you probably do over in the States as well. It is known as Sod's Law.

Geoff Brown said:
Bill,

You have my sympathies. Usually when I want to try some new gadget like you wanted to the weather usually pees it down all the following week so that you can't do anything. In England we have a name for it, you probably do over in the States as well. It is known as Sod's Law.

IT'S CALLED "MURPHY'S LAW" HERE. WHEN THERE IS A CHANCE OF THINGS GOING WRONG, THEY DO !!!!

Digital regards,

BiLL :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back