• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Paris (1 Viewer)

veagle

My wife and I will be in Paris for four days later this month, as part of a two week trip to France. Birding will not be the focus of this trip, but we will have a few days birding in the Camargue. I'm looking for any suggestions people might have about birding in Paris. We will be staying Left Bank near Pont Neuf. Perhaps Luxembourg Gardens? Any help appreciated.

Veagle (Dick Latuchie)

Dick
You may want to try the Bois de Boulogne. It's on the western side of the city but quite accessible by Metro. It's a large area of woodlands and open parklands with a couple of small lakes. The only problem is that it is very popular with the locals for dog-walking and for jogging so you really need to get there early.

You should see many of the typical European woodland species such as Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Nuthatch, Short-toed Treecreeper plus the more common Blue and Great Tits. Crested Tits are there but can be difficult to locate especially in the breeding season.

Luxembourg Gardens can also be worth a visit (and is much closer to the Left Bank) but you may not get quite the variety that can be found in the Bois.

Good luck

David

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back