• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whooping cranes at Goose Creek (1 Viewer)

Birdbox

staringin2thevoid
Harking back to an older thread here ...

How late in to April 2012 did the cranes stay at this location?
Are any present there so far this autumn?

Goose Creek or Goose Island? I will check for you, but I went to get the Yellow-faced Grassquit at Goose Island last year & am sure it was after Feb.

Well, out of curiosity I looked up Goose Creek! Turns out it is 1 of 3 towns that became a city I know now as Bay town! Learn something every day!

I checked Ebird for Whooping Crane sightings for 2011 & 2012. 2011 shows sightings end just before April. This year they were seen as late as April 4. That seems fairly late for Whoopers and while there could be unreported Ebird sightings (I wish everyone would use Ebird!), I suspect there weren't many much later than that.

Thanks Laura.

Almost as soon as I posted I realised I needed to edit "creek" to "Island" but got side-tracked.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back