• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony HX20V (1 Viewer)

alstar

AlStar
Hello

I am pretty new to birds. And to photography actually!

My camera is a sony hx20v. I want to get some nice sharp images of birds but they are coming out quite blurry at the 20x zoom. I have read a million blogs and tried to replicate the settings best I can but am still not getting the sharpness I want.

Maybe the camera is just too weak and I need a better model to achieve the results I want??

If there is anyone out there who can pass on their wisdom I would be grateful.

Cheers

Hello

I am pretty new to birds. And to photography actually!

My camera is a sony hx20v. I want to get some nice sharp images of birds but they are coming out quite blurry at the 20x zoom. I have read a million blogs and tried to replicate the settings best I can but am still not getting the sharpness I want.

Maybe the camera is just too weak and I need a better model to achieve the results I want??

If there is anyone out there who can pass on their wisdom I would be grateful.

Cheers

I'm not sure why but the Sony zoom cameras don't do a good job with stills at long end of the zoom. I have the 9v and the stills are poor too.
Use it for video and get the Canon SX50HS or one of the Panasonics for long range stills.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back