• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID orange frog/toad (1 Viewer)

bronny

can you id this frog/toad for me seen in an allotment north east england?It was large and very vivid orange hiding under a shelter. Approximate date - sept/oct time. I have scoured books to id but to no avail- can anyone help?The habitat of the area is lots of open parkland inc. lake. Also live near river estuary. Allotment site lays half uncultivated giving wildlife lots of opportunity inc. families of foxes! :frog:

hi david

thanks for info, judging by your attached picture it was definately larger bodied and rougher skin so I presume it was a toad? Is that normal id then that if they are orange they are albino?(maybe thats why not found in book ref.) :t:

I found a pink frog on our drive in Sheffield last November 5th and wondered if it were diseased but my reference books stated that frogs can vary in colour from green/yellow through to pink, so this may well be a common frog.It doesn't look like a toad. Toads are dumpier and have a rough looking skin.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back