• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red-tailed Hawk (1 Viewer)

mymantra

There are tons of these near my home in Helena, Alabama. This is one of my better shots of one.

Attachments

• redtail 800.jpg
    redtail 800.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 350
Hi and welcome Paul... this is one lovely looking redtail...I am really curious about your camera gear. What are you using?

Thanks ALL

Thanks Gaye,
I'm using a lowly Nikon Coolpix 885 :) And an even lowlier (is that a word?) Nikon Earth and Sky 60mm with 15-45x. This scope has horrible CA. Fortunately he was in direct sun, late afternoon, with a darkish background. PS Elements fixed most of the rest. This shot was probably around 22x on the scope, 3x on the camera.

Hi Paul, would love to take pic's of our birds, but by the time I'll have reached my camera the bird would have flown, that also requires me to have sat down and steadied my shaky old hands to snap, if you saw how often my fingers get trapped in the keys of the PC and the ammount of checking and deleting I do to make these messages readable you would understand. Nina P

Thanks Nina,
I try to stay always at the ready - when I drive to and from work, I generally put my camera and scope on my car-window mount, because you never know ...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back