• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski SLC 15X56 ER or WB (1 Viewer)

I questioned a Swaro rep about this sometime ago, the SLC did come in a WB and I think that she advised me that the WB had a wider field of view. Someone else here can probably be more precise than I am at this point. If not go to Swaro's web site and call their customer service department they've been very helpful to me.

Passive said:
Anyone know the difference between an ER and a WB model in the older SLC line?

The current available but discontinued SLC 15x56's are WB as far my information goes . My Swaro booklet that came with my bins state it as such , and where I bought them from , Cabelas, lists them as a FOV of 231ft. (4.4 degrees) . The 'new' ones are 21 ft. wider FOV ..... nothing to write home about .

I don't know about a ER version.... but of the places I see selling them online , I'd think twice about if you're thinking of buying from them . Check www.resellerratings.com also. If you really want to know, Swaro's US phone #1-800-426-3089 . 8:30-4:30 EST.

Good luck, Garth

This may, or may not be a little out of date, but this same question puzzeled me also, after seeing the two different pair of optics at a hunting outfitter this weekend. I called Swarovski just this morning and asked them the difference between the 15x56WB and the 15X56ER and here is what they said....

"The optics inside each model (WB vs. ER) are exactly the same. The change to the ER came about in 2005 with the ER model being more "Ergonomic" in feel and to hold. The ER's are also a slightly darker forest green than the predecessor, which look to be more of a pea soup green. So my shop is selling the 15x56WB's at $1,599 and the newer 15X56ER's at $1,899.00. I would have to admit the newer ER's do feel better and look better too. But that is $300 more clams to look and feel good also.

"The optics inside each model (WB vs. ER) are exactly the same. The change to the ER came about in 2005 with the ER model being more "Ergonomic" in feel and to hold. The ER's are also a slightly darker forest green than the predecessor, which look to be more of a pea soup green. So my shop is selling the 15x56WB's at $1,599 and the newer 15X56ER's at $1,899.00. I would have to admit the newer ER's do feel better and look better too. But that is $300 more clams to look and feel good also.

Thank you fot the information. Is the ER model also known as the "Neu"? If so, do the letters ER appear on either the binoculars or the box? I agree that the newer dark green armor has a nice grippy feel to it. It is also relatively thin and very well attached to the underlying aluminum chassis. All of this adds to the feeling of elegance and quality of the 15x56 - it is a superb instrument.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back