• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where are all my birds? (1 Viewer)

Tammie

Hi Forum,
I noticed this past week that almost all of my birds have disappeared, all at the same time. They've been gone for a few days now and no, there are no predators in sight. I have a few chickadees and a bunch of woodpeckers now. All purple finches, evening grosbeaks, nuthatches, etc. are gone. Anyone know why they would all leave at the same time? The weather has changed dramatically this week, from a cold spell to a warm spell. I know they don't feed nearly as much when it's warm but to all just suddenly vanish? Help! :(
I do have all kinds of woodpeckers. I looked out this morning in time to see a male and female downy on the suet feeder together... at the same time! Never seen that before!

On the few occasions that I have felt birdless, it has always been short lived Tammie. I used to joke about them taking a short holiday for different scenery. I hope that is the case for you.

There may be more insects emerging and I would imagine around this time of year the birds are looking for a change in diet as well.

yes like that 4 me too yesterday i was floded with bluejays mourning doves finches and sparrows and even 2 huge crows at my feeders,,but toda nothing of course its supposed to rai nhere and maybe their getting ready for the down fall..hehe8-P

Hi Sonerich,

Welcome to BirdForum from the Members Admin & Moderators, and from a fellow DJ by the sounds of it...

Ollie

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back