• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Spectator / Banner 7-15 x 35 Zoom binoculars (1 Viewer)

lkn2myis

The other thread triggered this question.

I have a pair of these, gotten, I believe, cheaply about 5 years ago. I've done a search on this forum, and really can't find the info I'm looking for. Google left me lacking as well.

The book says that they are either SPECTATOR or BANNER series, 7 - 15 x 35.
There is an "INSTAFOCUS" lever in the center, that works quite smoothly. They seem to be rubberized.

My questions:

anybody know anything about these? the booklets are lacking?
are they waterproof?
what kind of prisms?
etc.

In addition, are these generally considered low-end, not too much use for birding, etc? (They were an impulse buy at a local going-out-of-business camera store. I just stumbled upon them in my closet. They haven't been used.

Any and all information and reviews would be REAL helpful.

Thanks -
John

They sell a simialar one now, I have not seen it lately. Yours are porros and most likely not water proof. Most of these are pretty awful. There is one Nikon zoom that may be of some use in the low end, a reverese porro.

Tero said:
They sell a simialar one now, I have not seen it lately. Yours are porros and most likely not water proof. Most of these are pretty awful. There is one Nikon zoom that may be of some use in the low end, a reverese porro.

The ones I haven't certainly aren't very good. Bought them, if I remember correctly, about 5 - 6 years ago. Close-out for I think either 50 or 75 bucks.

Awkward to focus, heavy, not great image quality. Just took them out of the box this week to check them out. Not very impressive.

Did I overpay for them 5 years ago?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back