• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hedgehog Survey (1 Viewer)

Thanks Pie, I wasn't aware of that survey, I've just registered. Seen quite a few near me so far this year.

pie said:
Hi All

Anyone wanting to participate in a Hedgehog Watch Survey please visit

www.HogWatch.org.uk

My local Wildlife Trust carried out a county wide survey some years ago. All the sightings were plotted onto a map as the records came in. At the end of the year the map was published. It was a better road map than the AA or RAC could have produced. Over 99% of the sightings were simply road kills.

Harry

I'll look at the site but not sure I can contribute anything useful. The one big hedgehog we've been feeding this year was found run over in the road at the bottom of our lane. Goodness knows what it thought there was down there. It has everything it needs where we live. There's no vegetation or anything over the road - this really is a question of "why did the (hedgehog) cross the road" !!

We'd occasionally caught sight of a smaller one but not often. So maybe all is not lost.

Will go to that site now.

Sandra
:-C

Thanks for the tip. I have registered and recorded my sightings of the little fellow/miss (not sure which) who comes to my garden.

Bridie

Attachments

• hog.jpg
    hog.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 119
I comnpleted the survey. And it appears all is not lost, as we had some droppings in the garden the other morning so one must still be around.

Sandra

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back