• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Country Innovation (1 Viewer)

I'm considering buying the Country Innovations Rover jacket made from cotton ventile. Does anyone have any experience of this jacket, good or bad?

My brother has one, he likes it but it was hellish expensive and he doesn't wear it much when the sun is out.
I've gone the other route and wear Paramo, despite the 'heavy' comments levelled at it I've used my Cascada coat quite a lot this summer when it's rained and been very comfortable.
I'm not a fan of natural fibre and much prefer the man made stuff... quick drying, soft, no iron, lighter, doesn't pong.
However....you like what you like...if the Rover feels good buy it !!

I have the Innovation Jacket which is about £130 cheaper than the Rover.

I have used it in all weather conditions and apart from my scope it has been the best thing i have purchased for birding.

Really warm worn with a fleece in winter and not to bad when it's hot either if you just wear it undone as its quite a light coat.

I have 2 Country Innovation coats which I've had for about 3 years now, the Hawk which I wear most of the time except when the weather is really wet or cold then I wear the Innovation which is similar to the Rover but cheaper. Both coats are excellent value for money. When the time comes to buy a new birding coat I'll deffinately be buying from Country Innovation again.

Have had many jackets over the years, some good, some bad.
At the bird fair tried various jackets on as I wanted a replacement for my old Lowe Triple Point ceramic which was starting to let water in after 10 years-nice jacket but noisy and tripod/camera straps slip off the shoulder too easily.
Was looking at stuff like the Innovation and the Paramo jackets, but I dont like mucking about with the retreating every now and then-it never seems to be 100% successful with me.
Tried the Rover on-very comfortable if a bit heavy. lots of deep pockets for camera gear etc. Was very impressed, and a few weeks later bought one.

I have a Rover and am very happy with it, just remember to keep your field guides in the inner pockets as I find the outer two main pockets sometimes get water in them. Mine tends to stay in the cupboard between April and October but is invaluable during the winter months.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back