- Atlapetes seebohmi
16â€“17 cm (6Â¼-6Â¾ in)
- Rufous crown through to nape
- Black face
- Long bill
South America: found in Ecuador and Peru.
There are 3 subspecies:
- Andes of extreme southern Ecuador (western Loja)
- Andes of extreme southern Ecuador (eastern and central Loja)
- Pacific slope of Andes of north-western Peru (La Libertad to Ancash)
Dry forests and shrubby hillsides.
They forage close to or on the ground for large insects, fruits and seeds
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, S. M. Billerman, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2019. The eBird/Clements Checklist of Birds of the World: v2019. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved February 2015)
 Recommended Citation
 External Links