||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Myzomela cardinalis
Includes: Samoan Myzomela
Male has bright red plumage
Australasia: found in the Loyalty Islands, Vanuatu, Samoa and the Solomon Islands.
Photo by Ian_M
at Tanna Island, Vanuatu
, January 2005
There are 8 subspecies:
- Northern Vanuatu and Banks Group
- Tikopia Island (north-east of Banks Group)
- Samoa (Upolu, Savai'i and Tutuila) - split as Samoan Myzomela by Clements
- Rennell (south-eastern Solomon Islands)
- Solomon Islands ((Makira and Ugi)
Moist lowland forests and mangroves and coastal scrub.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BF Member observations
 External Links