- Xiphorhynchus elegans
18â€“22Â·5 cm (7-8Â¾ in)
- Long, thin, straight bill
- Greenish-brown head and upper back with white flecks
- Chestnut-brown wings
South America: found in Colombia, Ecuador Peru, Bolivia and Brazil
There are 4 or 5 subspecies, :
- Eastern slope of East Andes of Colombia in upper Orinoco drainage
- Tropical south-eastern Colombia to eastern Ecuador, north-eastern Peru and adjacent north-western Brazil
- Foothills of east-central Peru (south of RÃo MaraÃ±Ã³n)
- Brazil south of the Amazon and northern Bolivia
- South-eastern Peru to north-eastern Bolivia and western Brazil (west of Rio Madeira)
Lowland humid forest, mostly floodplains and terra firme.
Their main diet consists of arthropods, with the addition of some small vertebrates.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
 External Links