- Eunymphicus cornutus
32 cm (12 in)
- Green overall plumage
- Yellower on underparts
- Greenish-yellow on ear-coverts, nape and rump
- Blue wings and tail
- Black and red face mask
- Two wispy, red-tipped, black crest feathers.
Humid forest with tall trees, up to 30m.
Their, mostly vegetarian, diet consists of vine berries, tree and shrub seeds and nuts.
They usually nest in the hole of a dead or living tree, but sometimes make a nest on the ground under rocks or tree roots.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved December 2015)
- Planet of Birds
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2021) Horned Parakeet. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 23 January 2021 from https://www.birdforum.net/wiki/Horned_Parakeet