• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

neighbor sprayed bird feeder on fruit tree... help (1 Viewer)

scully1013

Hi,

My neighbor, who always thinks he is being helpful, sprayed my peach tree this afternoon. I didn't have a chance to move my newly filled finch sock. I really hate to waste all that food since it is so expensive. (And this is a really long sock. Probably about $10 worth of food inside)

I know the question will be 'what kind of spray.' Honestly, he is so defensive when questioned (and I already commented on my poor finch sock) that I'm very reluctant to ask him what kind of spray he used. There is nothing wrong with the tree, he just said it needed sprayed so the peaches would grow.

Any thoughts or advice on saving the bird food or whether spray like that would poison the birds? (I have taken it down until I find something out.)

Thank you!

Deborah

Hi,

My neighbor, who always thinks he is being helpful, sprayed my peach tree this afternoon. I didn't have a chance to move my newly filled finch sock. I really hate to waste all that food since it is so expensive. (And this is a really long sock. Probably about $10 worth of food inside)

I know the question will be 'what kind of spray.' Honestly, he is so defensive when questioned (and I already commented on my poor finch sock) that I'm very reluctant to ask him what kind of spray he used. There is nothing wrong with the tree, he just said it needed sprayed so the peaches would grow.

Any thoughts or advice on saving the bird food or whether spray like that would poison the birds? (I have taken it down until I find something out.)

Thank you!

Deborah

Without knowing what he sprayed on the tree, it really is an impossible question to answer.

Even if you knew what was sprayed on the tree, is it really worth the risk?

Would you eat it yourself, or feed it to your children?

I would throw the seed out. I would think that the sock could be washed and used again.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back