• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strangest Bird Call I've Ever Heard....Please Help me Identify- Pittsburgh, PA August 6 (2 Viewers)

DubB13

United States
I am from Pittsburgh, PA and every morning around 3am we hear the strangest bird chirping. He makes so many various unique noises, its like nothing my family and I have ever heard. This bird arrived about a week ago. I went outside last night and he was the only bird singing around 4:15am. I know its only one bird because I was able to track him down to a small tree and I shined a light on the tree. I wasn't able to see him, but I only heard one bird fly away and then I found him again at a separate tree. He will sing continuously for hours. When I play my sound recording back to him, he gets really excited.

Please let me know if someone can recognize this song. Thanks

View attachment bird call1.mp4

Mockingbirds are so fun. Sometimes they will try and repeat your whistles. My guy has a great wolf whistle and it's a crack up to hear the mockingbirds do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back