• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Midlands/Warwickshire local patches. (2 Viewers)

Was that Bee-eater a flyover? Some people have all the luck ;)

Hi Jeff

Dave Hall heard and then saw it whilst riding back from work near the railway bridge on Townsend Lane. It appeared to fly towards the main road and he could not re-locate it. He phoned me and whilst I was on the phone to Mike (dog) I heard it or another!! somewhere over my house but did not see it. Dave might have heard it again at 5.30 but no sight or sound since.
I played a Bee-eater call in my back garden on my pocket pc later as Helen was getting the washing in and she said she had heard the call several times during the day out the back :eek!::eek!:

John

Hi Jeff

Dave Hall heard and then saw it whilst riding back from work near the railway bridge on Townsend Lane. It appeared to fly towards the main road and he could not re-locate it. He phoned me and whilst I was on the phone to Mike (dog) I heard it or another!! somewhere over my house but did not see it. Dave might have heard it again at 5.30 but no sight or sound since.
I played a Bee-eater call in my back garden on my pocket pc later as Helen was getting the washing in and she said she had heard the call several times during the day out the back :eek!::eek!:

John

I think I should move to Lawford:t:

Where to go ...

Right then folks,

My mate has been interested in birdwatching for some time but doesn't get out to many place very often as he's too busy with other things. In a couple of weeks time he's got some spare days and fancies going out for a days birding. So my question to you all is where do you recommend within say 30 or 40 miles of Nuneaton?

Cheers:t:B :)

Right then folks,

My mate has been interested in birdwatching for some time but doesn't get out to many place very often as he's too busy with other things. In a couple of weeks time he's got some spare days and fancies going out for a days birding. So my question to you all is where do you recommend within say 30 or 40 miles of Nuneaton?

Cheers:t:B :)

Hartshill Hayes.........:-O:-O:-O

Right then folks,

Cheers:t:B :)[/QUOTE

Hi Nick
Wrong time of ther year mate, tell your friend to come back in Sept / Oct then Draycote, Alvecote, Kingsbury, Chasewater, Rutland, Blithfield, etc are all a good bet. Sorry we live in Warwickshire and thats the way it is.:-C:-C:-C

Wrong time of ther year mate, tell your friend to come back in Sept / Oct then Draycote, Alvecote, Kingsbury, Chasewater, Rutland, Blithfield, etc are all a good bet. Sorry we live in Warwickshire and thats the way it is.:-C:-C:-C

Lol He does Kingsbury most weekends dog walking with a friend but she's off on her hols and he fancied somewhere else. I've narrowed it down to Wyre Forest or Cannock chase at the moment.

I don't think he'd be up for a drive to Norfolk :-O:-O:-O

I'm not clear what you mean. Please explain.

Post 4315 (Warwickbirds Yahoo)

1 Disseminate Disinformation (Dissemination!! Scatter as seed;Spread abroad; Spread all through an organ or through the whole body!! Disinformation! Obviously a more updated version of the English Dictionary than what I have?)

Lol He does Kingsbury most weekends dog walking with a friend but she's off on her hols and he fancied somewhere else. I've narrowed it down to Wyre Forest or Cannock chase at the moment.

I don't think he'd be up for a drive to Norfolk :-O:-O:-O

Nick
You will not go far wrong going to Rutland Water this time of the year, with the Ospreys etc . Also any returning or none breeding Waders, and plenty off Finches and Warblers. 35 miles so its within your range.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back