• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Findhorn Valley eagles in danger (1 Viewer)

Thanks to all of you who have signed so far - I can't really comment on the project at all without shaking in anger (or fear!)

There are some who believe it is just another political stunt to deflect attention away from another site, but even so with the backing of the estate and a rushed through deadline (1 month) it does seem ominous. Or in the case of the goldies, criminal.

Please spread the word and get as many wilderness lovers - not just eagley folk - to get on the site and pledge their opposition!

Thanks again.

"I know you have all heard this (or similar) before, but please, please visit:

www.stopdunmaglass.com"

Having read the site contents, do you really think that filling in a form of objection will make any difference. I would have thought that the use of the Freedom of Information Act would have been a far better way of approach. Ask each government associated body involved with the project as many awkward, but relevant, questions about the project. This can be done by e-mail or snail mail. Under the current legislation they have 20 days to respond. If you have loads of questions, spread them between e-mails or letters using different members of your family as contacts, as there are charges applicable if the cost of the information research reaches a certain sum. Ask about the subsidies, the relevant cost of production by wind power in comparison to Hydro, Nuclear, Wave Power, Conventional generation, the final cost to the consumer, the materials involved, the cost of the usage of the Scottish/English interlink, the perceived damage to the environment, the quantity of pylons, the grid tie-in locations etc etc. Ask why is it that Scotland already surpasses the export levels of electricity required by the EU, so why is there an ongoing requirement to produce more for export than required under current quotas.
You can swamp the decision makers with questions, and by law, they Must Answer.

I have been asking some questions lately of local government. When they refused to answer, I reminded them of their Legal Obligations, and they did not like it. They then answered, but slightly reloctantly, and in writing, as required under current legislation.

Use the law to your advantage.

Regards

Malky

There are only 17 days left to object, either by signing the petition on www.stopdunmaglass.com or by doing any of the things Malky has suggested, although Malky's suggested questions can be answered at any time during the proceedings, but not as delay tactics at this stage. I would, however, suggest writing your quibbles and angst as well as using the on-line links if you have time.

Anybody who would like to see the landscape of the Highlands remain the same to the human eye from vast distances, and who cares about the eagles should really have a look at the site, and spread the word. I know, as I've said before, you've heard all this before, but please, for the sake of Britain's natural heritage and the life of people and creatures up here, and your chance of seeing them........object!

I'm normally in favour of windpower and other renewables, but this one seems to be ill thought out. I hope it doesn't go ahead. I've objected.

Objection in, and a few people I know have written in objecting too!
hope it does some good, its a fantastic area that does not deserve to be spoiled.

I've only just seen this thread on here , maybe it could be moved to a more prominent area on this forum , I've also signed , lets hope many more do .....

Ashley

more prominent thread

ashrich said:
I've only just seen this thread on here , maybe it could be moved to a more prominent area on this forum , I've also signed , lets hope many more do .....

Ashley
I thought the same re a more prominent position so I started a thread on this in 'News, views and reporting points' (Thurs 30th) unfortunately only had one reply. Hopefully all the people whe viewed it signed their objection!

Let's hope we can make a difference on this one. Renewable energy is brilliant but I can't believe they would disrupt such a special area with all this extra special wildlife. Probably because there's not many people living close by to complain about lowering their property values!

Paul F

come on the toon

mike coleman said:
I know you have all heard this (or similar) before, but please, please visit:

www.stopdunmaglass.com

Thanks.

Having just booked a few days birding for mid-April based at Nethybridge, during which we plan to include a trip to the lovely Findhorn valley, I was horrified to come across this site with its unthinkable plans for wanton destruction - I signed the objection form immediately!

Only a week left to lodge objections, if you haven't done so yet, go for it now! A couple of minutes of e-mail boredom could lead to a lifetime of bliss and open countryside for eagles! (said in that sickeningly over-dramatic way - but you know what I mean!)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back