• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

East coast tomorrow (1 Viewer)

metroman

Hi everyone, I want to see Spoonbills and I understand they are in Norfolk so can someone help me out by directing me to their location and let me know about access and parking, it would be nice to incorporate a birding day out after seeing them as well, I only have tomorrow to make this visit. metroman.

PS. I'm coming from Northamptonshire.

Only report from Norfolk today are 2 on Holkham freshmarsh on a poll viewed from the A149 300yds west of the Burnham Market turning. Park on the minor road as well, not on the A149 & walk the 300yds.

Good Luck.

Neil

Only report from Norfolk today are 2 on Holkham freshmarsh on a poll viewed from the A149 300yds west of the Burnham Market turning. Park on the minor road as well, not on the A149 & walk the 300yds.

Good Luck.

Neil
Thanks for that NSH, I have found that location in autoroute and it's no distance from Cley. That'll do nicely. metroman.

Had a great day! No Spoonbills but added a stonking Grey Plover to my life list, in fact there were several but one particular bird was in fine plumage.
I didn't get any further than Wells next to the sea as the weather was so nice. I spent a couple of hours in the Washington hide at Holkham and around 5 hours on a bench at Wells and the birds just came to me.
We have our share of Little Egrets in Northant's but blimey, Norfolk must have half the countries population! I checked all of them as best I could but the heat ripples made it difficult to positively I.D them all but in reality none of them looked as though they were Spoonbills.
Marsh Harrier, 3 Kestrels, Sparrowhawk, Curlews, Redshank, Grey Plover, etc etc. Nothing outstanding but a good day out nonetheless. Well worth the visit but I will have to go again soon so as to get to Cley. metroman.

Sorry You never saw them I want to get to Cley too but when I am at
Wells having Fish & Chips never get there

I would love to see the Spoonbills are there more around in the Winter

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back