• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hallo from perranarworthal (1 Viewer)

alanrawlinson

alan rawlinson
First visit and post on this site.... Living in the rather heavily wooded area of Cornwall between Truro and Falmouth. Birdwise we have daily visits from Hawks and/or Kestrals ( never know until close up) They circle above frequently.

Also, well provided with the lovely Wrens who dart around collecting food, and of course, robins and bluetits galore . Occasionally find largish spotted eggs in the spring lying in the open grass when I am cutting. Could be kestrals?

AL

Hi Alan and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure we will enjoy having you here. Sorry I can't help with the eggs though.

D

Hey Al!

Welcome to Birdfoum! Sounds like you live in a lovely part of the world. I am sure you will enjoy your visits with us.

The only birds eggs I used to find 'lying around' were Starlings and they're just pale blue. Can't imagine what these speckled ones are. Certainly not Kestrels.
Should be Little Egrets on the river near you, just east of the Norway Inn. I regularly see one or two there when I'm driving by.

Jon

ps Welcome!

The only birds eggs I used to find 'lying around' were Starlings and they're just pale blue. Can't imagine what these speckled ones are. Certainly not Kestrels.
Should be Little Egrets on the river near you, just east of the Norway Inn. I regularly see one or two there when I'm driving by.

Jon

ps Welcome!

Hallo Jon,

Thanks for your interesting comments - will look out for the little egrets - do you think there is a good time, i.e. high water / low water / The latter, I guess, when they are feeding.

I did submit a pic of the last big egg shell to anothe bird site, and someone kindly identified it as a bird of prey egg, but not sure they said Kestral.

All the Best //AL

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back