• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping cameras page at wikipedia.org (1 Viewer)

Got to say Ernie ... I'm very impressed with that ... Look's very strong and i like
the way the Camera swing's away from the Scope, Also would i be right in thinking
it's balanced?, ... It look's it, Very nice, My only question about it is ... If the Camera
lense was slightly to the Left or Right of the Eyepiece and did'nt line up too well ... Can you adjust it slightly Left or Right to be in line?, Also is it heavy?,
The Bird Picture i have seen before ... Very nice Bird and very colourful,
Where's all your other Bird Picture's?, ... I want to see some more Aussie Bird's from around your way, |;| |;| ,
I'd like to know how you made this ... You have any plan's ... Picture's etc?,
And Thank's for the message ... Appreciate it Ernie,
Take care m8,
John,

Last edited:
Thanks Forcreeks, John, the weight is negligable really, the materials was scrounged from the local steel frabrication firms scrap box. I originaly planed this for the Sony f717, which turned out to be unsuitable for Digiscoping, so I got the Canon A610, the tripod socket was offset to the lens so had to make some alterations, as this one stands, no I can't adjust it for that but not difficult to make it so. Yes I can give you a bit of a plan and instructions. Fixing to the tripod, its a known fact that the quick release on most tripods is not very stable ( unless you pay a small fortune) and with the extra weight of the Scope etc. it was much worse, so I made one from 3/8 ply and clued and screw it in place, yes it is balanced. I can sent detail via email if you wish. Ernie

Last edited:
Andrew said:
E900 at Sainsbury's for £170. Not a bad deal is it?

Seeing as it's christmas Andrew I'll let you know you can get one at Amazon for £132 incl postage.

Merry christmas (and don't try that trick with the turkey drumsticks) ho ho!

best wishes

john

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back