• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White wagtail subspecies question - Northern Greece - Jan 2020 (1 Viewer)

v11235813

Hello,

While on a trip near Thessaloniki, I came across this odd looking white wagtail. I had a look at the subspecies description and distribution and it somewhat resembles the dukhunesis subspecies (has it been observed in this area?). However it could also be a variation of the plumage.

Any opinion or advise would be welcome?

Thank you!

Attachments

• wagtail.JPG
    wagtail.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 72
  • wagtail0.jpg
    wagtail0.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 44
  • wagtail1.JPG
    wagtail1.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 45
Thank you. Makes a lot of sense of course, but I do not have experience with the subspecies (or that much with the variation within the alba one), so thought it's best to ask. :)

Thank you. Makes a lot of sense of course, but I do not have experience with the subspecies (or that much with the variation within the alba one), so thought it's best to ask. :)

You did right to ask so don’t hesitate with any questions on here, the bird may have looked odd to you because ( I think) it’s all wet from just having bathed.
Welcome to Birdforum by the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back