• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Western Palearctic (1 Viewer)

If you can get hold of it in Dubai, Birdguides sell BWPi which has the whole of the text, drawings of the 9 volume set + sound and video on DVD for £159. I have it and am very pleased.

And I don't work for them ;)

Hi

I've been collecting the volumes over the last year and now have 8, a mixture of old and new. Volumes 1,2,8 & 9 can be found for little more than £10. Regular amazon, abebooks and alibris searches often produce bargains and I've not had to pay more than £25 for any single book

markgrubb said:
Hi

I've been collecting the volumes over the last year and now have 8, a mixture of old and new. Volumes 1,2,8 & 9 can be found for little more than £10. Regular amazon, abebooks and alibris searches often produce bargains and I've not had to pay more than £25 for any single book

Hi Mark

Is the one you don't have volume 6 by any chance ? That seems to be the hardest to get hold of - I need it myself.

Dave

No, it's volume 5. I got a RSPB volume 6 for £10 on the net from a dealer in Wales. He had an entire set selling at £10 each but had sold vol 5 by the time I contacted him!- but managed to get 3 & 6. So bargains can be had if patient. Aren't the books just great? The information on habitat and habits are invaluable-I love reading up on birds if I have just seen one or am out to see a specific bird

markgrubb said:
No, it's volume 5. I got a RSPB volume 6 for £10 on the net from a dealer in Wales. He had an entire set selling at £10 each but had sold vol 5 by the time I contacted him!- but managed to get 3 & 6. So bargains can be had if patient. Aren't the books just great? The information on habitat and habits are invaluable-I love reading up on birds if I have just seen one or am out to see a specific bird

Hi Mark

They are fantastic books. A lot of people are critical of the plates in some of the earlier volumes ( Which i can understand ), but its the wealth of detail in the text you want them for. Books i'd never get rid of.

Dave

Well I just won on ebay for 268 quid ($460) for an 'excellent condition' 9 volume set which seems a good deal and something to keep forever.

Just don't tell the wife if you see her!

If anyone wants to PM me with a sensible offer for the set, in excellent condition, please feel free to do so. I'm getting the dvd for xmas, and having moved from a 4-bed house with study to a 2-bed bungalow, space is at a premium, hence sale. If buyer's in, or can travel to, east Dorset, more than welcome to view before purchase!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back