• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Planting for Bullfinches (1 Viewer)

2spot Ladybird

Anyone have any idea what plants Bullfinches are particularly attracted to?

I've had Bullfinches visit twice so far this winter and would like to encourage them to become more frequent visitors. First visit was 26th November then a solitary male today. The one that visited today was eating nettle seeds but but he didn't stay for long (long enough to get some good pictures though |=)| ). So any suggestions anyone?

Last edited:
I have noticed bullfinches eating cherry and apple blossom. I have both in my garden and the only time I seem to get them is in spring, and then not very often. It would be nice to know what else attracts these pretty birds.
Joanne

The only time I have seen bullfinch's is in the spring when they eat the new young buds on trees & bushes, have often wondered where they get to in the winter months.

Rod.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back