• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Neotropical Bird Club and 'Neotropical Birding' magazine (1 Viewer)

JCL

Dear All

An announcement rather than a review, but I do hope to see impartial reviews of the third issue of 'Neotropical Birding' magazine on here soon!

best wishes to all

James Lowen
Editor, Neotropical Birding

Although, I've yet to get my first issue, my initial feedback is that I wish it was published more often!

Any idea when the current issue shows up in the states?

Although, I've yet to get my first issue, my initial feedback is that I wish it was published more often!

Any idea when the current issue shows up in the states?

Hmm, I'm a member and haven't received mine yet...
The mailing will take place in September, along with the next issue of the journal Cotinga. Waiting with bated breath? ;)

And subscriptions can be backdated if you want the first two issues (plus the two Cotingas each year): you can subscribe via the website or via email to secretary (at) neotropicalbirdclub.org

James

I'll just add that birding magazines don't get much better than this!!, with so much stuff packed into 80 pages there is something for everyone.

I received my 1st issue of Neotropical Birding a couple of weeks ago. There are 2 glaring problems with this publication.

1. It is published only twice each year.

2. It contained 80 pages rather than 280.

Really, this little magazine is a jewel, it has plenty of eye and brain candy for the neotropical birder. If you have an interest in neotropical birding and are not a member of the Neotropical Bird Club you are missing out. The articles range over a nice comprehensive list of topics that includes IBAs, ID issues, biological exploration, Neotropical bird song, and discusssion on birding locales. And the photographs are the best I've seen in birding publications.

ABA's Birding is cold lima beans, Neotropical Birding is Filet Mignon.

ABA's Birding is cold lima beans, Neotropical Birding is Filet Mignon.

Wow, that's a strong statement! ABA's Birding is my favorite among the many birding publications I receive. I've checked out some of the sample articles on the Neotropical Bird Club's website, and was impressed. But if it's as consistently good as you say, then I shall have to join.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back