• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID Egret? Portugal (1 Viewer)

sequeirajluis

ID Bubulcus ibis/Egretta garzetta/Ardea alba
impossible ID?
Porto, Portugal. Setember 2016

over the sea, very corped...

Attachments

• IMG_6112.JPG
    IMG_6112.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 113
I'm also thinking Great White - it looks long-legged, broad-winged, and the obvious "bulge" of the folded neck suggests to me a very long neck (it's more of a "bulge" than typically seen on Grey Heron).

I think there might be an optical illusion going on with the size - it "looks" closer to the camera than the gulls, but actually there's no reason it can't be further.

I'm also thinking Great White - it looks long-legged, broad-winged, and the obvious "bulge" of the folded neck suggests to me a very long neck (it's more of a "bulge" than typically seen on Grey Heron).

I think there might be an optical illusion going on with the size - it "looks" closer to the camera than the gulls, but actually there's no reason it can't be further.

I think your right , looking more carefully i see that the neck and the beak are to big for a Bubulcus ibis.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back