• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

acuter 20-60x80 ED-APO VS. vortex diamondbak 80mm (1 Viewer)

Ivandex

Hello,

This is the narrowest choice from about 10 spotting scopes which I can find in my country. About vortex I know almost everything but for the acuter just a few reviews mostly from sellers.

I can find vortex Db 80mm here for about 700$ and acuter 20-60x80 ED-APO for 750$

If somebody have some suggestions or information I would be very grateful.

Best regards,

Ivan.

It may be that the lifetime warranty is more important than the difference in optical performance.

I have not tried either scope, but suppose both are adequate.

There will be sample variation, probably quite large, so I don't think general comments are necessarily all that useful, except with accurate specifications.

A cherry of either scope is probably worth getting, if one can be found.

It would be best to try both scopes side by side in a large hall, or outside in a good day.
If a really good one is found one should buy that and not an identical boxed one untested.

B.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back