• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Microscopes (1 Viewer)

Brian Bullough

DIGIDOPE
Can anyone help with information , I am told I need a 10X eyepiece for use with a microscope from which to take photos , not looking for the top of the line , items for sale either list just 10X mag (+tube diameter ) or 10x mag 16mm or 10x mag 18mm I presume these are the eyepiece diameter although it is not stated, advertisers always assume purchasers know all the jargon .
Anyone give any advice on what I should be looking for.
Apologies if I am in the wrong forum

Interseting idea, can not offer advice on adapter but that sounds wrong. I have used Digital Blue QX5 microscope that connects to PC and takes pics, amazing really, you can detatch from base and take pics of anything imaginable. Cost little over $200.

Thanks for that I do have that option of direct to PC via USB although mine sadly will only work via the Microscope lens .
I want to take photos of say Dragonfly legs ,wings etc and the eyepieces are to high a magnification I am told ,thus have been recommended a 10X , but do I need an 18mm or will any eyepiece do !!

hopefully someone with more knowledge about the 10x and the correct size will respond. I have not tried that. I just recently got a Monovid/monocular that has an extra lens that is used for close up macro view, maybe a det-up like that would work, just an idea.

Lots of helpful information for you here http://www.quekett.org/ The section on photography through the microscope under 'Resources' should help you and there is a facility to ask questions. The first question you will get asked is "what type of microscope do you have?" as this makes a big difference to the choice of an eyepiece (and camera coupling method) for photomicroscopy.

Can anyone help with information , I am told I need a 10X eyepiece for use with a microscope from which to take photos , not looking for the top of the line , items for sale either list just 10X mag (+tube diameter ) or 10x mag 16mm or 10x mag 18mm I presume these are the eyepiece diameter although it is not stated, advertisers always assume purchasers know all the jargon .
Anyone give any advice on what I should be looking for.
Apologies if I am in the wrong forum

Well,

In the world of microscopes the usual number given for optical components is their magnification, i.e. a 40x objective or a 10x eyepiece (giving 400x tatal magniifcation).
Depending on microscope manufacturer and model the outside diameter of eyepieces varies. Measure the outside diameter of one of yours and you will know what 10x you will need. However, take in consideration what kind of camera adapter you want to use in case the eyepiece has to fit in it.

Ulli

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back