• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Our Friend (1 Viewer)

BlueJayMan

I was working in the driveway on July 31 and noticed a young Blue Jay sitting on the gutter of the garage above me. I stopped what I was doing and he flew down by my feet and squawked as if he was hungry. My wife heard the ruckus and joined us. Very easily she put her hand down and he jumped right on and she walked him up the deck stairs. We had a lot of yellow squash so we started with that cut in tiny pieces. He loved that but just kept squawking for more food. A quick google and we popped open a can of cat food.. Loved that too. I would not be lying if I didn't say this is probably the best bird experience I have ever encountered. This little guy was fearless. Nothing we did bothered him. Our visit lasted for well over and hour and I guessed we would never lay eyes on him again... I was wrong and I will add to this a bit later.. Heres a couple shots of him.

Attachments

• LennyJul31.jpg
    LennyJul31.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 32
  • LennyJul311.jpg
    LennyJul311.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 41
Two Months Later

This is our recent visit. He landed on our deck and was poking around some corn I leave for the squirrels. I knew it was him when he paused and looked at me and let out a loud squawk and then hoped over to my feet.

Attachments

• Lenny2.jpg
    Lenny2.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Lenny.jpg
    Lenny.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Lenny1.jpg
    Lenny1.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Lenny3.jpg
    Lenny3.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 11
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back