• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help and confirmation Shorebirds (1 Viewer)

BirdsPeru

Alejandro Tabini
This shorebirds were pictured today at Pantanos de Villa in Lima, Peru.

Need help to confirm or correct me.

6816 and 6901 Help needed with the ID
6856 a Semipalmated Sandpiper?
6879 a Least Sandpiper?

Regards and Happy New Year

Alejandro

Attachments

• IMG_6816-low-XXX.jpg
    IMG_6816-low-XXX.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_6856-low-Semipalmated.jpg
    IMG_6856-low-Semipalmated.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6879-low-Least.jpg
    IMG_6879-low-Least.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6901-low-XXX.jpg
    IMG_6901-low-XXX.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 113
6816 and 6901 both look like Semipalmated Sandpipers to me, and I think you're right on the other two, but I'll wait for confirmation from someone more skilled with waders.

Nice pics, by the way!

-Adam

Hi Mark if by 3 you mean 6879 I think it is not a Semipalmated mostly because of the color of the legs. Semipalmated have dark (Black) legs and this one have yellow greenish legs and feets and that is the reason why I say Least.

Alejandro

Hi Adam, Thanks for the help and as you mention lets wait for others to confirm or correct.

Happy New Year.

Alejandro

PD. Happy New Year to you too Mark.

BirdsPeru said:
Hi Mark if by 3 you mean 6879 I think it is not a Semipalmated mostly because of the color of the legs. Semipalmated have dark (Black) legs and this one have yellow greenish legs and feets and that is the reason why I say Least.

Alejandro

Sorry I don't think I made myself clear. There are 3 Semi P's, birds 1, 2 and 4 the third bird is a Least Sand'

Regards

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back