• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minor on Sula dactylatra fullagari O'Brien & Davies, 1990 (1 Viewer)

Martin, now I am convinced! In just a few days, less than a week, we've seen new threads on; fosteri, fostersmithi, foxi (X2), fragai, fransici, and now fullagari! Wow, you truly are flickering, working your way, page by page, through the Eponym Dictionary of Birds, in a restless search for missing parts (or pieces that could be questioned)!

Good luck! Don't strain youself. We'll see who can keep up with your pace.

Björn

PS. I'm also missing the dear old, now defunct (HBW Alive) Key. Hopefully the future BoW Key will be online soon, simply to avoid unnecessary work, for you (or anybody else).
--

Last edited:
PPS. What's; "OD id" short for? Is it simply; Original Description id(-entity/-entification), or just a typo (of) ... ?
--

Sorry I am often to quick in posting. And of course I am focused at the moment on the Eponym Dictionary of Birds as the key isn't available online. But I go randomly through the pages with for me obviously open questions like names or life dates. Otherwise I would have started with the character A (and not F). Checking all would be a project in itself as there are many open questions in this book.

I think it is not bad but still far from perfect. But it it is easy to point at failures and not easy to write such a book. Therefore respect for the authors and especially to the late Michael Watkins.

P.S. Did not know that even a Eponym Dictionary of Odonata exists.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back