• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

peter scott (1 Viewer)

Karina78

HI Thankyou for accepting me, i am in need of some advice and where better to find what i seek than by asking the experts.
We have recently had a loss in the family and stumbled across an oil painting by Sir peter scott "teal on a grey morning" 1945 its not a print as its painted onto hardboard. Now i have heard of this amazing artist but i am not sure on this paintings value. We don't intend to sell it but any advice you could give we would be extremely greatful.

I think that Chorley's Auctioneers of Prinknash, Cheltenham , sold items on behalf of the estates of Sir Peter and Lady Scott. As with all paintings provenance is everything, so any receipts or other documentation will be most useful. Good Luck1

Hello and welcome to to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. Can't help with your question so hopefully the others advice will work.

Hi Karina and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back