• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

paul (1 Viewer)

birdloverdover

Hi all new at this just. Joined tonite after reafing another blog. We live on acerage heavy with flowering trees and plants beside a wet land area and have a huge amont of bird life at our place . Names i will give another time. When i can see. The bird book anyway i wanted to say we too we think . Have seen a very small bird like humming bird in our tree .we live in a queenslander 2 levels and our belcony is level to one of our trees .we have both seen this thing on seveal different occations andwe are sur its a vdry small bird by the speed it flys a moth could not travel so fast this is like lightening ping and its gone can antone help. I know we need to film it for proof .i belive its a bird .

Hi Paul and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

If you could get a picture and post it in the ID forum, I'm sure someone will be able to help you identify this wee guy. It's most unlikely to be a hummingbird though as they're not native to the Australian continent.

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum from another Queenslander.

There are no hummingbirds in Australia and never will be. Of all the possible vagrants that could come to these shores, this may be one of the least likely of the lot. There are plenty of small birds in Aus that whizz about and have flown off before you know it: smaller Honeyeaters, Sunbirds, Mistletoebirds etc. If you can get a picture or two it would greatly help! Just post them in the "Q&A' section of the forum.

Hello Paul and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you with us.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back