• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

pano FZ 40 (1 Viewer)

Screech

after viewing images from FZ cameras I'm looking to purchase either an FZ 38 or Fz 40 w/ 24x optical stabilized zoom, to reach "out" while shooting in bay, swamp locations.

Here in the USA I see cameras selling for $300.00 for kit from manufacture, intended use for nature/ bird/ macro.

I bird most every day at coastal shore locations, loads of light, sometimes too much, not worried of low light noise.

Am I asking too much for a $300.00 camera?

If not FZ 40 my choice will be the FZ 38 with add on.

Any one have pics to view would be great!

I'm itching to get one of these in my hot hand and start shooting.

Thanks guys!

screech B :)

Thanks Speckled Wood for info.

Speckled Wood, I used a Canon Power Shot 3si today just to see how these cameras are, color is very nice, zoom worked beautiful.

I have emphysema, have problem walking distance resulting in me doing 90% of my birding from my SUV.

Now use a nikon 4500 with no problem digiscopingbut after today realized the FZ 36 or 40 will not work ith my problem.

I read awhile back Panasonic makes a FZ moldel that has a flexable lens that would be great for me. Local camera store was no help.

Do you know anything about this model and system?

Appeciate your time and knowledge helping me find aFZ model that will deliver what I need.

Bob Eliasen

screech

Bob Eli,
for a current model that allows you to do digiscoping, it might be better to read this section of birdforum: http://birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=305

In there, I see a discussion of Pana DMC-FS10, Panasonic Lumix G1 at last - what a gem for digiscoping, and
What is the best Panasonic for me just to mention three threads that are relevant.

The second item that might interest you is to have something to complement the interest in digiscoping: a superzoom used alone is able to focus faster and give good results, but only with birds that are relatively close; that would be where the pano FZ 40 (or indeed the FZ35/38) would do a good job.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back