• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winner Announced; Next Drawing June 10th: Win a Pair of PRIME HD binoculars (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be my turn this time! Please!!

Congratulations Mark :t:
I'm sure you'll enjoy the Primes - will be interesting to get your take on them....

Chosun :gh:

Wow! Thanks so much Charles!

Honestly, here's what I've won in my entire life. A ten-speed bike at the age of twelve, and $20 with a scratch-off lottery ticket about fifteen years ago. Aside from that, doodly.

Thanks again!

I won't be entering this month's contest so others have a better chance. Charles, just disqualify this entry at the end. Best of luck to all!

I have enjoyed the heck out of my Zen 8x43 ED2, and the 7x36 ED2 I gave to my dad a few years ago. I can't wait to see the Prime!

Mark

Mark, your winning post number is #465!

Again, Congratulations!

Charles

Der Aureol

Der Aureol sein Lied zwar sang,
doch barg im Laubwerk er sich bang.
Versteckt' der goldnen Federn Pracht,
indes er heimlich mich verlacht ...

Why? It's a poem, you don't have to understand it.

By the way, I made it up myself, so maybe you should even be glad you don't understand it. Or maybe you shouldn't ...

Last edited:
Sorry, I have never read them. (I haven't read the Austrian constitution either, though, and I'm still allowed to live in this country.)

But I'll try and give sort of a translation tomorrow, as this provides me with a pretext for another meaningless post. So, thanks for the hint.

Be interesting to find out what BF's most ardent SV EL fan has to say about the Prime ED when he compares the two side by side.

They have several features in common (see below: SV EL/Prime ED) including both having field flatteners. The two areas where the Prime outdoes the EL in specs: FOV.and exit pupil size.

Prism Type roofs
Prism Coatings: dielectric
Magnification 8.5x/8x
Objective Lens Diameter 42 mm
Angle of View 7.6°/8*
Minimum Focus Distance 4.9' / 6.56'
Exit Pupil Diameter 4.9 mm / 5.25 mm
Eye Relief 20 mm / 20mm
Interpupillary Adjustment 56 - 74 mm / 56-74 mm
Dioptric Correction ±5 / ?
Focus Type Center
Tripod Mount Not Specified By Manufacturer