• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ30 released (1 Viewer)

Excellent news.

I have been deliberating over the FZ20 and Coolpix 8800 as something to sit alongside my digiscoping set up to allow those mid range context type shots as well as birds in flight.

From reading the forums the conclusion I came to was that the lens on the FZ20 is quicker and brighter than the Coolpix but that the Coolpix takes photos more akin to the quality of a DSLR.

I'm hoping that by upping the Panasonic from 5 megapixels to 8, it will give the picture quality of the coolpix with the performance of the panasonic's leica lens. Sounds on paper like a very happy marriage!

Also pleased to see one or two niggles I heard of with the FZ20 will be dealt with such as the dim EVF and the LCD screen will be able to swivel independently.

I was going to go for the FZ20 ahead of the Nikon but I think I will wait and save the extra cash for the FZ30.

Thanks for the tip off Keith.

Matthew

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back