• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red headed duck near Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco) MX (1 Viewer)

Taken Oct 25 2019 at the Mayan Palace golf course pond E of Rocky Point MX. The top of the head was definitely red. But I don't see photos of Redhead ducks with this light band. These ducks were quite small. And quite shy. When I headed to the pond to get a closer look they quickly moved to a distant area with cover readily available.

Thanks for any assistance@

Attachments

• red head duck.jpg
    red head duck.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 65
  • PA250515.jpg
    PA250515.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 38
  • PA250516.jpg
    PA250516.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 49
Thank you very much!

Looking at the Merlin pics I see this is between the juvie and the adult. He hasn't lost the striping extending from the bill area yet. Thank you! That's a new one on my life list!

And I appreciate the bonus ID on the grebe. I wondered about that but would not have been confidant enough to report it on eBird. Now I can.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back